Trump says Iran war won as 15-point peace plan emerges
US President Donald Trump announced that the war with Iran is won, revealing ongoing negotiations and a 15-point peace plan delivered via Pakistan.
By Ahmet Taş | Wise News Press
WASHINGTON, UNITED STATES — US President Donald Trump declared on Tuesday that the war with Iran has been "won" and announced ongoing negotiations to end the conflict based on a 15-point peace plan.
The diplomatic push, involving top US officials and regional intermediaries like Pakistan, aims to secure a comprehensive agreement that prioritizes preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, even as Tehran officially denies engaging in direct talks with Washington.
Oval Office declarations
Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, Trump stated that he decided to step back from his earlier threats to attack Iran's energy infrastructure strictly because diplomatic negotiations were actively underway. He implied that Tehran is highly motivated to reach a lasting peace agreement.
"We are talking to the right people and they are very willing to make a deal," Trump said, addressing the shifting US stance toward Iran.
The 15-point plan and key negotiators
According to a report by The New York Times citing two unnamed officials, the United States has presented Iran with a 15-point plan to formally end the war. The proposal was reportedly delivered through Pakistan, though it remains unclear how widely the details are known among Iranian leadership. The report also highlighted uncertainty regarding whether Israel would support the US-led plan while simultaneously conducting strikes against Iranian targets.
Trump confirmed the existence of approximately 15 points of agreement on Monday, noting that preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon remains the top priority on the list.
The negotiations involve a high-level US delegation. Trump disclosed that Vice President JD Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio are actively participating in the talks. Additionally, US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and close advisor, reportedly held preliminary discussions with their Iranian counterparts on Sunday evening.
Regional mediation efforts
As conflicting reports emerge regarding the exact nature of the US-Iran talks, regional leaders are stepping in to facilitate diplomacy behind the scenes. Earlier on Tuesday, Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif announced on X that his country is ready to mediate the discussions between the two nations. Trump acknowledged the offer by sharing a screenshot of Sharif's post on his official Truth Social account.
However, the White House maintained a tight lid on the specifics of the diplomatic channels. When asked by CNBC if Trump's social media post indicated an acceptance of Pakistan's mediation offer, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt declined to confirm the details.
"These are sensitive diplomatic discussions and the US will not negotiate via the news media," Leavitt stated.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Sad
0
Angry
0
Comments (0)