Zelenskyy Corners as US Pressure Mounts: I Will Not Betray Ukraine
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy faces intense pressure to accept a US-proposed peace plan involving significant concessions to Russia, while President-elect Trump sets a deadline for Kyiv's decision.
WISE NEWS PRESS / KYIV, UKRAINE — NOVEMBER 21, 2025
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has expressed defiance in the face of mounting pressure from the United States to accept a peace plan that reportedly includes major concessions to Russia. As the conflict enters a critical phase, Zelenskyy warned that Ukraine faces a stark choice between preserving its honor and losing its primary ally.
"Ukraine is experiencing one of the most difficult periods in its history... I will not betray Ukraine," Zelenskyy declared, subtly criticizing the proposed deal that many in Kyiv view as capitulation.
High-stakes diplomacy with the Trump team
In a significant development, Zelenskyy held a phone conversation with US Vice President-elect JD Vance regarding a reported 28-point peace plan drafted by the incoming administration to end the Russia-Ukraine war.
"We managed to discuss many details of the US side's proposal to end the war, and we are trying to make the path forward valuable and truly effective for achieving a lasting peace," Zelenskyy stated following the call. While expressing gratitude for US support, he noted an agreement to work at the advisor level with American and European partners to make the peace process "truly operational."
Trump sets a deadline
President-elect Donald Trump, speaking on a television program, issued a stark ultimatum to Kyiv, setting November 27 as the deadline for accepting the peace plan. "I have set many 'deadlines,' but if things are going well, these dates are usually postponed. However, I think Thursday (November 27) is a suitable time," Trump said.
Addressing Ukraine's concerns about territorial losses under the deal, Trump was blunt: "They are already losing territory right now. 25,000 people lost their lives between the parties last month. This situation is out of control. It is a complete bloodbath."
Putin signals approval
In Moscow, Russian President Vladimir Putin signaled his openness to the Trump administration's proposal. "I think this plan can be the basis for a final peaceful solution," Putin said at an event.
However, he issued a stern warning to Kyiv and its Western backers. "If Kyiv does not want to consult on President Trump's proposals and rejects them, both they and the European warmongers must understand that what happened in Kupyansk will inevitably happen in other key areas of the front," Putin threatened. "This may not be as fast as we want, but it will inevitably happen again. This situation is still suitable for us because it leads to achieving the goals of the special military operation with weapons."
The 28-point plan and threats of cutbacks
Washington has reportedly presented a comprehensive 28-point plan to Ukraine. Sources familiar with the matter indicate that the US has threatened to cut off intelligence sharing and military aid if Kyiv refuses to comply. Another source confirmed the deadline, stating the US wants the plan accepted by next Thursday.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Sad
0
Angry
0
Comments (0)